One of the stereotypes about American people is that they don’t know much about other countries. The general idea is that Americans do not care about anything outside of America, and that many people in the country don’t consider other places interesting. I have read the same thing about some Japanese people.
According to some of my Japanese friends, many people in the country do not know about many other parts of the world, nor do they care. Which makes me wonder; how much is geography taught in schools and to what extent is it taught? Growing up in a family of many cultures, I was really fascinated with learning about different parts of the world. My goal is to go to as many countries as I possibly can, in order to expand my horizons. I wonder if many people in Japan want to do the same.
1) What country would you like to visit and why?
2) How many countries have you visited?
3) In your opinion, do you think Japanese people in general are not interested in foreign countries? Why or why not?
4) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
5) What is the capital of the United States of America?
Key Words and Phrases:
nor do / geography / what extent
horizons / the same
♦〒160-0022 東京都新宿区新宿2-8-1 新宿セブンビル 606
♦メール: email@example.com TEL: 03-5925-8247